Saturday, October 5, 2013

Turned the corner! Back in control! Day 4 of chemo!

Day 4 of chemo today (gemcidibine and carboplatin) and feeling BACK IN CONTROL of my life!!!

Feeling totally different on this chemo regime instead of the gemcidibine (gemzar) and cisplatin.  Virtually no pain - whereas on the cisplatin I felt like I was close to death.

I have been able to manage my side effects with medication, my mind and best of all being able to use my lifeline the computer to email/blog/facebook and keep in touch on a global scale.

I don't want to keep having chemo however I am being given a lifeline so I am giving it my best shot and WINNING as I am back in control of my life!

My heart goes out to the warriors who are doing it tough at the moment - sending a beautiful rainbow of love, strength and smiles to you! 

Life is good!  Tonight on television we witnessed a fantastic fireworks display on Sydney Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-05/live-blogthousands-enjoy-navy-fleet-review-spectacle/5000620
(Click on the above link to see some beautiful fireworks pictures!)


Thousands of people turned out on the shore of Sydney Harbour on Saturday night for the International Fleet Review fireworks and light show spectacular.
The review is a celebration marking 100 years since the Royal Australian Navy fleet first entered Sydney Harbour.
The enormous fireworks display kicked off at 7:40pm (AEST) and lasted 30 minutes.
Fireworks, which were launched from military boats and land, exploded over Sydney Harbour while a lightshow projected Navy history and imagery onto the sails of the Sydney Opera House.
Earlier in the day, Prince Harry and Governor-General Quentin Bryce officially reviewed a fleet of international warships from aboard HMAS Leeuwin on the harbour.
They were welcomed by a 100-gun salute as crowds of people packed onto the foreshore looked on.
The prince then met members of the public who had gathered at The Rocks, before heading to Kirribilli House where he was greeted by Prime Minister Tony Abbott and members of his family.




No comments:

Post a Comment